11.13.2013

nautical-themed baby shower invitations.

Last month, I took on a few design projects for some of my close friends, and this nautical-inspired baby shower invitation is something I'm so proud of. I think it might be my most favorite project and product to date. It was a tri-collaboration with some very creative gals that gave me a blank slate with which to work. As a nod to the guest of honor's nursery that she's designing, I went to town in navy and pink.
When you're making something special for someone you really love, you've got some ingredients for a really meaningful project. I could not be more thrilled for my friend Andrea who's expecting a baby girl early next year. If you like these invitations, you would have swooned over her shower. Her party planning committee did an amazing job.
With a combination of pinks color matched from Paper Source's color palette, we paired the invitations with envelopes from Paper Source, which I lined with navy-and-white striped paper.

Those liners were a labor of love and my favorite piece of the whole ensemble. They were a group effort, made possible by my brilliant friend, designer and hand-letter artist Bianca and sister-in-law Whitney. More on that to come, including a DIY!

Quick details / sources
+ fonts: Bebas Neue, League Script Thin and Novecento Condensed Ultralight
+ color swatches: Blossom, Fuscia and Night
+ printer: Manhattan Repro printed the 5x7 cards on 110# white paper
+ envelopes: Paper Source, in blossom

2 comments:

Kate Burgener said...

These look gorgeous! I've yet to get anyone to commit to professional printing for a shower invitation yet, since the budget generally is not quite there. So glad you went professional with these, though, that flood of color looks great and would have been so tough for a home printer!

Karen said...

Alison,
Once you find the right moment in your life, I hope you will open your own store for people to buy your amazing cards and invitations.
xo,
Karen