9.20.2013

friday foto: falling into fall.

I'm so excited it's finally Fall. I picked up these fun pencils at the dollar spot at Target a couple of weeks ago, and they make me so happy. Pencils are one of my favorite signs of the season.
I'm also spotting piles of pumpkins and apples at the market, and I'm so ready in mind and spirit, though you would never know if you walked into our home. While I'm in the mood for comforting casseroles and soups, it still feels and looks a lot like summer around here. Turning the oven up doesn't feel quite right just yet. 

I hope that wherever you are, you are enjoying each day, in whatever season strikes you. This transitional month of September is one of my favorites, and last night, I was reminded to slow down and not wish it away so soon. 

Our neighbor brought home her baby boy yesterday, and when I looked this new beautiful mom in the eyes, it hit me that my pregnancy will come and go before I know it. I have been trying to speed time up - maybe it's because I feel more tired these days, or maybe it's because I forgot that pregnancy isn't a walk in the park - but when I saw my friend, taking on her new life that's changing by the minute, it literally took my breath away. I'm so happy for our new parental friends and I'm thankful that they've helped me remember to take each day one step at a time even when it feels like a race. 

Congratulations to two of Mari's very favorite people (and one very special dog) on Earth!

For more Friday Fotos, start here.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Alison,
So true. I think we all need little reminders to live the day, not always anticipating what's to come. Time flies on it's own. Happy fall, my favorite season of the year.
Karen