3.21.2013

out and about: gum tree.

Last week, I made my first trip to Gum Tree. How it took me so long to get there, I cannot explain, but thanks to my friend Jessica, we enjoyed a lovely café lunch and a little bit of shopping, too. It's a toss up, though, because I don't know what I love more: the food or the goods. It really is a delicious experience, in every way.
The shop is chalk-full of things we love: Jonathan Adler home goods, letterpress stationery by Smock, darling gifts for kids, all sorts of yummy coffee table books and cookbooks by your favorites, like Smitten Kitchen, plus Dash & Albert rugs and much, much more. You can find all sorts of treasures on its website, but it's so worth a stop in. You will want to buy everything.

And then just a few steps inside the shop, you will stumble into the Aussie-inspired café - where, you'll want to buy everything. To eat.
Jessica started with a latte, and I with the asparagus and leek soup. And I scraped up every bit of my roasted beet and goat cheese salad. They top theirs with macadamia nuts. Something I will most certainly try next time I make my version.
I came home with a souvenir; a gift for a special sister-in-law, which was doubly worth it when I had it gift-wrapped in a simple kraft paper box. My kind of store.
Have you been there? Or checked it out online? For your next girls lunch, try it. You will find yourself wanting to go back, just like me.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) Had a great time and was happy to introduce you to one of my favorite places. I was sure that you would enjoy it! Let's do lunch again soon! xo Jessica

Casey Gruber said...

I was just there for breakfast with my dad this morning. I love that place! Gum Tree is my go to gift place.

Mary said...

Gum Tree and Tin Roof the two things I miss most about the South Bay!