3.04.2013

bringing the islands home.

Even as the fog comes in as I'm writing this post, we had a little taste of summer of summer over the weekend, which had me reminscing about our Kaua'i vacation. Since we got back, my Pandora Hawaiian station has been my daily soundtrack, and it's a constant reminder that with a little help, island life really is a state of mind. Here's what we're doing to bring it to our house.
one // lighting one of my favorite Anthropologie candles that just smells like a vacation.
two // leaving shoes at the door (but if you must, Rainbows are the only way to go).
three // with the weather warming up, the blender (and soon to follow, the juicer) is on the countertop (and we're conscious to keep the ice trays are filled).
four // recommended by my hair stylist, Bumble & Bumble's surf spray induces breezy beach waves.
five // this is one of my favorite slack key guitar albums to set the tone.
six // we dined al fresco over the weekend (we'd feel green and really good about it with reusable bamboo utensils, note to self!).

Some fresh cut pineapple, rum and pina colada mix also does the trick. It's always 5 o'clock on the weekends! Is it warming up where you are?

No comments: