1.28.2013

pretty paper products.

Over the weekend, I got lost creating Pretty Paper Products for my current Nicole's Class, taught by Alma Loveland. Last week, we created business and greeting cards, and last night, I submitted this faux invitation for my homework.


I can't take any credit for this design concept; it's Alma's. I challenged myself to re-create her original, with some typography tweaks and the addition of triangle bunting and freehand'd birdies (inspired by this sweet book that Mari loves). Alma taught us how to create woodsy-inspired trees using AI's Transform -> Transform Each tool. Magical!

We also learned lots about creating photo cards in Illustrator, and here's my little owl, who you might recall from a few Friday Fotos ago. For this project, I got in lots of practice with Clipping Masks, went back to basics using the Brush tool and tried some new tricks with Opacity. All things that could have really helped me design our Christmas card.

Inspiration for this valentine's card again came from Alma, which you can view here. Plus, you can pick up some tips about Clipping Masks, if you're interested. Such good stuff on the Nicole's Classes Blog for the taking!

1 comment:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
Wow, these are great. I'm so anxious for you to start a cottage business doing this. You've always been so creative. It would be nice to be able to buy from you!
Karen