1.25.2013

friday foto: life, lately.

I feel like I'm a bit behind. Everything. Lately.

I'm behind on reading, but I've managed to make a dent in Joy Deangdeelert Cho's Blog, Inc. Highly recommend, by the way.
I haven't even flipped through January magazines, and the February issues have already arrived. The pile is piling. And, I'm spending lots of time with my Macbook, but still so behind on my latest Nicole's Class, Alma Loveland's Pretty Paper Products. Last week, we got to design business cards and a greeting card. This week, we dive into invitations, photo cards and calendars. So, everything I ever wanted to learn to do. And more.

But I'm still behind. Ever have these kind of weeks?

I suppose it's a good thing. To be blessed with being busy, running from one thing to the next. Speaking of running from one thing to the next, I am making a leap and taking a new job after eight wonderful years with an amazing group of people. It is so very hard to wrap up a life that I have loved for so long, despite knowing that change is almost always a good thing. Still, it's hard and very bittersweet.

So, on any other Friday of the year, I'd generally say: 'TGIF' or 'I'm so ready for the weekend.' But, the truth is, if I could stretch out this week, just a bit more, I probably would. I am going to miss this.

Have a wonderful weekend. See you on the other side.

Fore more Friday Fotos, see last week's post.

3 comments:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
First and foremost, Congratulations on your new job! Best of luck on this new chapter in your professional life.

Second, oh man, have I ever been where you are: magazines, books, "to do lists" stacking up, overwhelming me! I find divide and conquer works for me...prioritize and take each task as I have time. I'm sure you are already doing that.

Have a great weekend. I'll look forward to seeing your creations from your class.
xo,
Karen

Casey Gruber said...

Good luck in your new job! Pretty much every other week of my life I feel behind. Love all the pretty paper projects. Looks like you have a productive weekend!

Becca said...

I just read Blog Inc. and thought it was so helpful! I already feel like I should re-read it, though... I wonder what would happen to my blog if I actually did all she said?