12.19.2012

merry merry.

I'm very happy and relieved to report I was almost two weeks early with my Christmas cards this year, as opposed to last year, when I sent them out on Dec. 23. This was a project done all on my own, with the exception of a beautiful photo from Ms. Jenna Beth, of course.
Using the Illustrator skills I learned in Alma's class, plus a spot-on printer reference from Christie, I pieced together the design you see below with my favorite paper bag envelopes from Paper Source and our custom return address stamp from Paperwink.
Paper: Savoy 100% cotton letterpress in bright white.
Printer: Manhattan Re-Pro.









I'm so thankful to have connected with David at Manhattan Repro. He was patient with all my crazy questions, and like a lot of us, appreciates a really thick paper and a beautifully printed product. Oh, and for anyone interested: he also has a letterpress. Goldmine!

PS: If you're considering design classes, but wondering what's best for you, Alma just discussed the differences between InDesign and Illustrator on Nicole's Classes' blog yesterday. Check it out!

4 comments:

Becca said...

You did this yourself?! Way to go! I went with Minted this year and we have yet to receive ours, much less address and mail them, haha. Oh well, better late than never!

P.S. I just made your cheesecake petit fours for a party tomorrow... and bought POM today to try your holiday cocktail at the party, too! I'm going to have a few sips, 8 months pregnant or not. :-)

mary said...

they are so, so darling -- makes me smile every time i see it on the fridge!!! xoxo p.s. i knew you had designed it -- stunning!!!

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paper{whites} said...

Thanks, all! I love Minted so much that it was so hard not to use them but this was a fun and good challenge for myself.

Becca: hope you are enjoying the cheesecakes! And I'm addicted to the pom + prosecco... which reminds me I must stock up for the big day! Merry Christmas, all!