12.06.2012

holiday craft party.

About two years and eight babies later, our tiny book club has evolved from a group of six 30-something newlyweds to 30-something moms. While I can't even remember the last book we officially read, our meetings have turned into gatherings, and these women have become my local cheerleaders. When I question what kind of mom I am, they assure me that I'm good. When I run out of food ideas for Mari, they give me some. When I post something personal, they give me a thumbs up and tell me they are feeling the same way, too.

I just love our little group, and hosting them on Sunday to ring in some holiday cheer gave me such pleasure. An idea that was almost two months in the making, and though it took me weeks to do, I made crafty invitations to get us inspired for an afternoon of gift tag making, sweets-eating and champagne-sipping. I provided the tools, and everyone brought cookies to exchange. It was multi-tasking at its funnest, which we moms know exactly how to do.

Here are the details.

Atop a six-foot table that only fit in our living room, each guest got their very own take-home Garnish berry basket filled with tag essentials: jute twine, baker's twine in assorted colors, a white gelly roll pen and for more cookie making at home: a cookie cutter.
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
The girls also got a sweet surprise, nestled in Ikea's hanging paper cones.
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
Inside: candy canes and white chocolate-covered snowflake pretzels from Crate & Barrel. My annual holiday season must-have.
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
Our crafting table was filled with lots of goodies: pens, punches, stamps, stamp pads and card stock. My favorite selection for tag and shape punches is Michael's. And my favorite place for obsessing over rubber stamps: Paper Source.
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
Crafting with friends is way more fun than crafting solo (think: 8th grade art class). If you've got tags to make, a craft party could be your answer. Keep it small and simple, and merry. Break out the gear, turn up the Christmas music and pour a little bubbly. Here's how you can do it.
paper{whites} // holiday craft party
More sources:
+ kraft runner: wrapping paper, from Ikea.
+ mini baker's twine spools: Martha Stewart's line at Jo-Ann.
+ all other baker's twine: Shop Sweet Lulu.
+ card stock: mix of Paper Source, Michael's and left-over paper scraps.

Next week, I'll wrap up the party talk with some photos of our eats + sweets.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, I can only dream of being a guest at such a party! How beautifully decorated and thought through it all is. I'm excited for the eats and sweets post, too!

Paper Lanterns said...

Really great collection for decoration.I like paper craft work so much. its looks good. Thanks for sharing to us.