12.20.2012

gifting: holiday granola.

I'm so excited to share the newest addition to my holiday baking routine: dark chocolate and cherry granola. With toasty oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut and ground flaxseed, plus a couple of spices and lots of honey for sweet flavor.
I saved Annie's Eats' recipe since I saw it posted almost a year ago. At the time, I thought it would make a lovely valentine's gift. As with most projects, the holiday came and went and almost 12 months later, I found my granola calling with this delicious recipe that is so surprisingly easy. I will be making this again and again - and have visions of lots of yummy variations using Annie's base.
This simple and sweet granola is balanced with a toss of roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate, which is made for topping thick vanilla yogurt or ice cream. By the handful also works. All three of us are addicted to it.
I packaged a cup or so for some sweet neighbors and friends in Ikea's Slom glass jars, finished off with some twine, and the occasional addition of an ornament or dish towel. So that the recipients know what's in store, I added a custom gift tag with ingredients listed, printed on Paper Source's paper bag cover paper.
I can't wait to play Santa this weekend and make our deliveries!

Divine Twine in Cherry Red from Shop Sweet Lulu.

2 comments:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
This looks so delicious. What lucky gift recipients!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. May 2013 be a good year for us all.
Karen

the pocketbook said...

Such a cute idea!

xx
http://thepocketbookblogg.blogspot.com/