11.16.2012

thanksgiving recipe week + friday foto: save the best for last.

The only thing missing from this photograph is a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, which floats on a bed of  this warm and gooey pumpkin bread pudding, which was the grand finale of our big / mini Thanksgiving feast last weekend, thanks to Jeanine, creator of all recipes clean and delicious, over at Love & Lemons.
pumpkin bread pudding from paper{whites}
I love bread pudding. It's one of my all-time favorite desserts, and I've even made it for brunch. This souped-up holiday version might be just what the doctor ordered for your Thanksgiving spread. It's so cozy good, but not overly sweet, which is a nice relief after turkey, stuffing and sides. But, I have a weakness for cool vanilla bean ice cream on anything warm, and a spoonful adds a touch of decadence to this easy, rustic dessert that just screams fall.

Jeanine cooks with non-dairy products, so you will notice the pumpkin bread pudding calls for almond milk and coconut milk. I don't usually have them on-hand, so I used a mixture of full-fat and non-fat cow's milk, which you can certainly do, too. Jeanine suggested that the coconut milk might give the dessert a slightly sweeter flavor, which I do plan to try when I make this again.

Regarding pumpkin puree: you're not looking for a can of [Libby's] pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin puree is more like soup, and is not sweetened like the filling. Trader Joe's is where I find my favorite brand of boxed organic pumpkin puree.

Hop on over to Love & Lemons for the full recipe. You will want to make this. Like, now. And then you'll probably want to make most everything else you see on her beautiful blog.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend, all!

2 comments:

Franchise Brisbane said...

I hope to see that vanilla bean ice cream, but this recipe is surely good too!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness... please give me a dish right now!