11.09.2012

friday foto: when one door closes.

Today I'm taking a break from the Friday Foto to bring you some really, really good news, especially for my Manhattan Beach and South Bay local friends: Christie is back, in a new home, in one of your favorite places.
This darling message was sent out earlier this week, announcing Christie, part deux. You may know that Manhattan Beach icon and lovely, lovely gift and paper shop, Christie, closed its doors after 28 years. It was a quick good bye for the town staple that for me, for the past 11 years, became one of my favorite spaces.

When we found out we were pregnant with Mari, Eddie made his very first baby purchase from Christie. When it came time for me to finally start putting some design into my own invitations, to Christie I went for guidance, advice and of course, beautiful printing. When my brother married Whitney, Christie printed their gorgeous wedding invitations.

The shop is very special to us, as are the ladies who have made it so - to Christie, Kim and Mara - thank you for years of beauty in Manhattan Beach. We are excited for the next generation of Christie, and will visit you often in your new space at Tabula Rasa.

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: