11.30.2012

friday foto: three cheers.

Someone went to her very first college football game over Thanksgiving weekend. I am not exaggerating when I say it might have been the best day of her life.
I have been trying to be more adventurous with Mari. Because I'm such a homebody, I am content to stay home, or very close to it. Things like football games, amusement parks, road trips and the like give me a little bit of anxiety. I envy other moms who take these toddler outings with such ease. I would like to be more like them.

I'd also rather watch a game on television in the comfort of my own home 99.9% of the time. But, when it comes to the really big games, the ones that get my insides buzzing with anticipation and excitement, I hate to miss out. And now, I want Mari to feel that, too.

Even though our team lost, we had a blast. To entertain the very short attention span of my very active daughter in close quarters seemed impossible, but it wasn't.

Mari was engaged. With everything; the noise, the band, the mascot, the big screens, the fans and of course, her family, who made the whole experience complete. I am so thankful to have shared the experience with her, and can't wait to do it again.

For the big game, a few things were key for us:
+ a big one: timing and getting the naps in before the event.
+ extra hands, like family and friends, who can take a toddler hand-off in a pinch.
+ forgoing the stroller and opting for just the Ergo.
+ lots of crackers and snacks, like Whitney's go-to squeezeable fruits.
+ as Mari says: agua and a straw (or a sippy) always nearby.
+ around this time of year: plenty of layers.
+ with some luck: finding a good, accessible and reasonably close parking spot.
+ for the ride home: teddy.

Happy December weekend, all. Hope you sneak in some college football, and some merriment, too. Enjoy it!

For more Friday Fotos, see the most recent post.

1 comment:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Fight on, little Mari. We knew you were a Trojan fan at heart. :-)
Karen