10.18.2012

learning design.

Love is all around with Nicole's Classes. I've gushed about my experience with Photo 101, and this month, I'm taking Illustrator 101 with Alma Loveland. This is a dream come true, really. For years, I've wanted to learn the basics of Illustrator and Nicole's online classes are making it happen. It is liberating and inspiring.
We're two weeks into class. We've learned all about the basic tools: type, pen, pencil, shapes, lines and for our homework, got to create an invitation all on our own. My personal challenge was to re-create Mari's birthday invitation, but this time, for a boy's first birthday.

What do you think?

This week, we're onto the brush tools and they are so much fun!

1 comment:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
I'm so happy and proud of you. Way to go. You've always been so creative, it will be nice to see what you do with these new skills. I maybe be buying invitations from you in the not too distant future. :-)
Karen