9.24.2012

paper{whites} picks: baby fall fashion.

We have been very fortunate in the hand-me-down department. Mari follows in the footsteps of slightly older mini-fashionistas, and we've been the beneficiary of many, many bags of the cutest baby girl clothes out there (I'm specifically thinking of and thanking Kaylee K., Coral C. and her cousin Malea).

As she's growing, the supply is starting to thin, and I've still got her wearing 6-12 month-sized clothes, and it's more than obvious that she's just too big. She needs an overhaul on the basics, and my go-to for the cutest and most affordable basics out there is Old Navy - when they're on sale, which is right this red hot minute (through Wednesday!). Plenty of long-sleeves, long pants and leggings to get you through the fall and winter.

Here are my picks, living in a navy/white/gray/pink palette so mixing and matching is easy breezy (and cost effective, I might add).
paper{whites} picks // old navy baby for fall
One: striped sweater hat; rib-knit henley; striped hooded tee; denim skirt; jersey leggings

Two: sweater-knit flower hat; long-sleeve jersey dress; ruffle-strap soft-sole mary janes; embellished headband.

Three: little bundles long-sleeve bodysuit 3-pack; waffle-knit pants; ruffle-back jersey leggings.

Because it's all low priced, it's easy to get carried away. You may find yourself, like me, with a few items to return once you get home. If you're really organized, you'll do a quick look-see for what you really need before you shop, and stick to it. Kind of like the grocery list. Which, in retrospect, is exactly what I should have done. Next time.

Old Navy also sells my favorite ankle socks (that stay on!) and I think we should all buy this gingham top a size or two too big and save for next summer. I may have to go back for that one. Oh, and attention all prego friends: maternity clothes are on sale through Wednesday, too!

PS: on the topic of basics, if you are living with a little one and haven't found pajamas you love, these soft, footed and breathable zip-ups from the Children's Place are our favorite, in large part because they're so cheap (on super sale, I've paid $7 a piece), and I prefer zippers to snaps. They're just easier for me. In the colder months, we layer with a onesie (and sometimes socks) underneath.

1 comment:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
I need to shop Old Navy for Olivia...she would look cute in the little navy striped dress!
Karen