9.19.2012

fall inspired: pumpkin peach and navy blue (and some kraft, too).

From summer yesterday, to fall today. I love the color orange (really love it when it's sherbet, like in Mari's room). But I don't love it when paired with black. I love earth tones, but sometimes they really weigh me down in the Fall. I lean towards airy, bright, white spaces and sometimes when you invite the season in, it's easy to lose your [home] identity, isn't it?
Except when you get inspired by one of Kathryn's boards and re-discover that you can define the season and how it works for you - for an event, a wedding or for your home. Board #491 did that for me yesterday, and I got busy pinning bits of fall inspiration in shades of peach, pumpkin, navy blue, white and brown.

This is a palette I can get on board with through September, October and November. Until Mari insists on things like faux cobwebs and plastic spiders, I can work with this.

Come take a look!

PS: planning... anything? please tell me you've been introduce to Snippet & Ink. It's an amazing resource when you're at square one and in need of serious inspiration and direction. In the fall category, start here.

2 comments:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
You intro ducked me to Snippet &Ink...love it! Enjoy a brighter Halloween. Mari will love it either way since its your creativity behind it.
Karen

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison, sorry for the misspelled word...I meant introduced, no introduced. :-)
Karen