8.02.2012

party love.

Let's get this party started, shall we? Today, I have the invitations from Mari's first birthday party to share with you. And I just love(d) them.
Like the last few, this is a paper{whites} special; design collaboration with Lynette Nixon and printed by Christie. As I do every year, I fell in love with the idea of red + pink + hearts sometime around Valentine's Day and drew on pinned inspiration from the last several months. Which means that I'd been planning Mari's first shin-dig for, well, several months.
It all started with visions of her invitation dancing in my head, and as usual, Lynette's mind-reading capabilities compliment her design services beautifully.

Some signature p{w} paper and packaging details:
+ Paper: 100% cotton bright white Savoy, 118 lb.
+ Fonts: Verner and Novecento UltraLight
+ Envelopes: Paper Source's paper bag envelopes
+ Confetti tissue paper: DIY with a handy heart punch by Recollections (that I regret I cannot find online, but mine was found at Michael's and is a bit smaller than Martha's)

1 comment:

Garden, Home and Party said...

Alison,
What a great invitation. I love the idea that you designed it for her. You should start a paper source like business. You've always been so creative.
Have a great weekend.
Karen