8.07.2012

mari's birthday photos: snacks + stuff.

Party planning in red and pink was so much fun. I'm not much of a red person, except for when it comes to the summer... and the beach... and when it's complimented with pink, I can't help myself and I fall in love.
Channeling inspiration from Mari's birthday party invitation, I let the beautiful ocean set the scene, with a very simple, two-tent and two-table set-up; one for snacks and drinks, and one for sweets. It was a late afternoon party on the sand, so we opted for a few of our favorite small bites, no utensils required:

+ tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella skewers
+ watermelon, prosciutto and mint skewers
+ Eddie's shrimp dip in clear, plastic cocktail glasses, topped with crackers and chips
+ for the kids: heart-shaped organic cream cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches on whole wheat bread
+ to drink: sparkling mint lemonade (on-hand: vodka to mix)
White beverage dispenser from Target; Stripey Straws from Shop Sweet Lulu; Runner cut from fabric from Jo-Ann.
Details to come on the DIY centerpieces.
Knotted bamboo skewers from Sur la Table.
Personalized burlap garland from Etsy seller Expressions In Design.
Does it at all look like Frolic!'s picnic table? I hope so. 'Tis what I was aiming for. Thank you, Chelsea, for endless inspiration. Always.

I'll cover the sweets tomorrow!

All photos by Jenna Beth Photography.

5 comments:

chelsea said...

I love your table! Thank you so much for sharing!! Looks like a great party!

Debi Sementelli said...

Darling. especially love the burlap banner...are those white letters vinyl stick ons?

paper{whites} said...

Thank you both, so much! Debi: While I would love to say I made it myself, the burlap banner was an Etsy find (http://www.etsy.com/shop/expressionsindesign). Great seller, easy to work with and can customize anything you want!

Debi Sementelli said...

Thanks for the info!

Jessica Burgess said...

I love this adorable party! I would love to feature it on my party design site... with full credit to you of course! It's adorable! http://sweetpeapartydesigns.com