6.06.2012

drool alert: caramel brownies.

I know we've been over this, but I'll start by saying: I'm not a chocolate person. I make chocolate desserts because I know that the majority of the majority loves chocolate, and when paired with caramel, you really can't go wrong.
I make chocolate for the masses, but I make caramel for Eddie. He loves it. So, for his birthday weekend, we treated ourselves to Annie's Eats' Caramel Brownies, and wow. I've tried a couple of chocolate/caramel-esque desserts, and now I'm done searching. This chocolate-non-lover has found The One.

Eddie doesn't love nuts in desserts, so I omitted the pecans, and my unpredictable oven required a little more baking time than suggested. These brownies are so ooey gooey that it's hard to know when they're done, so don't go far from the kitchen. This is an easy recipe that you want to make several hours ahead of serving time so they can cool, settle and gel just perfectly.

If you're wondering what soft caramels are, you're looking for the little caramel cubes wrapped in clear plastic. We couldn't find these guys, so Eddie, shopping for his own birthday dessert, gambled with Werther's Chewy Caramels and I have no complaints.
For a lovely, sandy afternoon at the beach with lotsa little hands, I wrapped the brownies in parchment paper and my favorite Divine Twine.

Go see Annie for the recipe, complete with mouth-watering photo. You can thank me later.

PS: Don't skimp on the foil prep. I'd say that it would be nearly impossible to remove the gooey goodness without it.

2 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

YUM. I love chocolate AND caramel, so this sounds just about perfect!

beachcitylifestyle said...

I don't know if I should even go to Annies Eats. They sound too fabulous. I love how you wrapped them up. You're so clever like that. Teri