5.01.2012

wknd snaps: desert healing.

We took a little mini-break out to Palm Desert over the weekend, and it was heavenly. I have not let myself relax - really relax like that - since before Miss Mari entered my world. To fall asleep by the pool, with water falling, birds chirping and the ping of golf balls in the background - well, it was pure bliss.
This was just our second trip with Mari (look at her way back when!), and it was an entirely different experience, now that she's a little person, with more swim suits than her mom - which I'm totally okay with, for the record.

Thanks to some very special friends, we spread out in a beautiful La Quinta home, with all the desert fixings... pool, patio, BBQ, wet bar and the most well-stocked kitchen you ever did see. It was such a treat, and I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to get away and spend three solid days with Eddie and Mari. It was exactly what I needed, and I can't wait to do it again.

Here is a taste of our weekend, in photos, with a few gratuitous Mari shots.

Before we left for the weekend, my best gal Amanda gave me some good advice, and that was to let the desert heal me. I wasn't really broken, but something clicked when we were there, and the serenity and peace that comes with warm, quiet desert nights is exactly what I needed, and I didn't even know it. And today, I do feel healed.

Mari's swim suits: Circo/Target and The Children's Place.

2 comments:

mary said...

probably my favorite post yet -- what an amazing getaway, love the details (succulents are stunning) and holy moly that mari is oh so cute! and her bathing suits! most of all, i love the line about being healed -- and don't we all need a little of that! xo

Karen said...

Alison,
I'm happy to hear you are taking care of YOU! As moms we are hardwired to try to do it ALL, and then some. Once in awhile we need to permit ourselves to rest and relax and savor our most fortunate lives.
xo,
Karen