4.10.2012

welcome to our DIY herb garden.

Well, it's a garden, at least to us. Our tiny beach deck is just big enough for two adirondack chairs, a small table and a handful of potted plants. It's lovely, like most things, when it gets a lot of TLC and in the last month, we've cleaned it up and planted a pretty herb garden, in the form of hanging herb planters.
Inspired by Camille Styles' post on this mason jar herb planter DIY, I enlisted the help of the two craftiest people I know; my mom and her green thumb, and my dad and his tool box. Together, we transformed a not-so-welcoming space into a green garden oasis. And just like that, we crossed another one off the 2012 intention list.
In the morning, Mari and I get to water the herbs and flowers together. And I like the idea that she's observing what water + sunlight + soil + love can produce.

Citrus bonus: Eddie and my mom also managed to get a lemon tree up our narrow stairs and planted, with some thyme. It smells so good.
Materials/Sources: hanging planters from Ikea; wrought-iron hooks found on eBay; chalkboard signs handmade + sprayed with this (thanks, dad!); labels penned with this. Like most things I do, twine was also involved.

4 comments:

beachcitylifestyle said...

such a cute idea. Teri

Southern Sassie Girls said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE this! Gives me an idea to use w/ a horizontal plant hanger that could use some jazzing up. Just found you, glad I did, look forward to seeing more.

Cindy Sue

Lola Zabeth said...

Wowzers, this is majorly cute. Well done!

Calvin Brock said...

Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader. Flowering Trees For Sale