4.19.2012

papaya scallop-inspired invitations.

Of all the paper projects over the years, designing Mari's baptism invitations brought me the most joy. Because I'm not a graphic designer, this was a crafty collaboration with my dear friend and talented artist Lynette Fowler, who you may remember from our letterpressed wedding invitations.

Now, that was a fun project - but this one - this takes the cake because well, it was for Miss Mari.
We took inspiration from Paper Source's papaya scallop labels and aimed for a sweet, light, feminine and breezy-but-sophistocated invitation, printed at the most beautiful paper store I know, Christie, in Manhattan Beach. (By the way, if I had a million dollars, I would probably spend it all there.)

With Kim and Mara's help, Christie printed the invitations on beautiful 118 lb. Savoy paper, which we paired with a barely-there pink envelope. The whole thing reminded me of a ballet. Which, in retrospect, was exactly what I was going for. I just didn't know it.


Details
+ Paper + envelopes: 100% cotton bright white Savoy, 118lb. / warmed white envelopes
+ Fonts: Mrs. Eaves, Carolyna
+ Printer: Christie
+ Labels: Paper Source

So much more to come from the post-baptism party!

4 comments:

mary said...

so, so precious! what a blessed little girl!

beachcitylifestyle said...

so pretty. i love the girly scalloped edges! Teri

Karen said...

Alison,
What a beautiful color and invitation. Did you select the color from the flowers or the other way around? So lovely.
Karen

paper{whites} said...

Thank you! Karen, the invitations inspired just about everything. I was so happy how it all came together.