4.26.2012

more from the baptism: le table, etc.

Are we sick of the baptism, yet? I hope not. I have a handful of photos to share with you today, plus a few tomorrow, and then we're done - promise.

Says the beautiful pink ranunculus: Come, read, see.
Mari's post-baptism get-together was different than any other party I've ever thrown; instead of being consumed with things like having enough water in the pitcher, or keeping the appetizer trays full, I was consumed with just being a mom, because that's who I am. I let it all go, and left it to our family to fill the table with food and keep the margaritas flowing. With kids running to and fro and babies attempting to nap (very unsuccessfully, I might add), we all enjoyed the merriment, at our own pace. It was family at its very best, and it felt so good to be a mom.

But, let's be real: before the day ran away, I was party planning, right up until the very last minute. I was your Type A cover girl. I was list-making. I was fluffing pom poms like a crazy lady. And I was loving it. And then, I stopped. I carved out some time to snap some pre-party pics, at my own, very slow beginner's pace while Mari took her morning nap.

And then I went back to being crazy. Forgot my belt that totally made the dress. And off to the church we went. It was a beautiful day!
Tomorrow, I've got an arsenal of my favorite serveware to share with you, plus le menu. Which you can kind of see in this last image.

Oh yes, there were sliders.

Pom poms and Divine Twine from Shop Sweet Lulu. Runner fabric from Joann's. Cards and papaya scallop labels from Paper Source.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Love your posts on Mari's baptism. I'm in the midst of planning the twins baptism in June and was going to have the reception at a restaurant, but now you're inspiring me to host it myself! Love all of your personal touches! Beautiful job!

Karen said...

Alison,
Everything looks so festive and fun. You did a great job.
Karen