3.22.2012

pretty package.

I think it's been well established: I love a good gift wrap. I find all sorts of inspiration from walking the aisles at the local craft stores, and last week, I found exactly what I was looking for - a kraft box. Paired with some raffia and Paper Source's papaya scallop labels, it was the perfect vessel for a very special note for two very special people with very special roles, staring as Mari's godparents.

A role that's of course practiced and perfected over a lifetime, not just one day. But, for the record, her big day in church is coming up and it was about time we make it official with the godfather and godmother.
When I grow up, I want to be exactly like my godmother. She's smart, independent, confident, poised, pretty, has an amazing smile and always has the perfect accessories for any outfit. Above all else, she's my mom's best friend.
Mari's godparents are my best friends; my brother and Krisa. I hope Mari grows up and wants to be just like each of them. Together, they make one amazing super human role model.
I told them all this and more in a long note, that was rolled up tightly and tucked inside these little kraft boxes, finished off with a bow of raffia and a pretty sticker label. I wanted them to know how grateful I am for their love for little Miss Mari, and I didn't want to leave anything out, so I opted for good, old fashioned pen and paper - okay, I did type the letters - with some flair.

You like?

Kraft boxes and raffia from Michael's (on the same gift wrapping aisle!); labels from Paper Source.

2 comments:

beachcitylifestyle said...

I love a good gift wrap too! My favorite wrap has always been brown paper and boxes with different color ribbons. Raffia is always great. I almost appreciate a good wrap more than the gift inside. Teri

Karen said...

Alison,

Congratulations! Mari will be in good hands with her god parents.

I get my best ideas for gift wrap for creative blog-land friends, like you!
Karen