3.29.2012

march entertaining: pizza night.

Pizza night - especially Friday night pizza night - is one of my favorite things. Earlier this month, we enjoyed a last minute get together with my pregnant best friend over delivery, a semi-homemade salad and some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. A pretty good Friday night in, if you ask me.

Even when we're eating straight out of the box, I crave a taste of homemade, especially when it comes to entertaining. Phoning in the main course left me time to get some baking done, and over chit chat, throw a salad together.
My current obsession is goat cheese and strawberries, paired with mixed greens and this vinaigrette. I tossed in some orange segments (plus a squeeze of juice), very thinly sliced half moons of red onion and candied walnuts for some crunch.

With Mari tucked in dream land, Krisa and I turned pizza night into a working dinner and talked baby registry, which must only be conquered with a gal pal and the world wide web. With the laptop fired up, we clicked our way through Diapers.com like nobody's business, and I hope she had as much fun as I did. With Eddie chirping in in the background, it made me think about how far we've come, what we've learned and how, if we get to do it all over again someday, that would be pretty wonderful.

PS: chocolate chip cookie talk to come!

For more editorial on baby registry and why Diapers.com is the bomb-dot-com, email me or check out my list of must-haves for month one, months two and three and for starting solids

No comments: