12.14.2011

seeing stars, etc.

Around here, we've been busy little elves. I just love the hustle and bustle of the season... ish. Until I collapse at the end of every day, too tired to wrap the first gift (or do much of anything, really). In my future: lots of wrapping at the end of next week.

Until then, I'm feasting on my favorite: sugar cookies.
This year, the stars aligned, and with four hands, we made four big batches of my favorite holiday cookie. And, in between cutting, frosting and topping, we started making Christmas stockings (nothing like waiting until the last minute). After a good few hours of trying to figure out how to turn things inside out, right-side-in and back again.
More to come on this festive project that really is easy once you get going, so long as you have a genius seamstress (read: mom) and a little beauty to keep you company.

What are you up to in your merry world?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cutie she is! It looks like you guys are getting into the holiday spirit. We're looking forward to the holidays too! I know you guys will enjoy your first as a family of three! :)

mary said...

love this post!!!! & your cute little one!!