11.28.2011

the thanksgiving table.

I got an out-of-office reply over the weekend that closed with, 'be thankful.' As I downloaded photos from Thanksgiving, I reminded myself that it's not about the flowers, the tables, the wine or the food. This weekend was a whirlwind of overindulgence and fun, and I'm so grateful, this year more than ever, for our family.
Kids played football in the backyard. Cousins hugged. Tummies were stuffed - and for the record, the turkey was the best we've ever had. My parent's home was festive, warm and cozy. Here's the table, with the finished place cards.
We took a page out of the decor from Erin's shower, and the tags were finished off with a big bow of raffia.

2 comments:

ashley maureen said...

your table looks beautiful! love those linens, and the placecards are perfect. now, bring on christmastime!!

Karen said...

Alison,
I heard from a very reliable source that his was one of the best-ever Thanksgivings for your family, no wonder...such joy with babies! Your table is lovely and I love the flowers, tags and linens. Very nice.
Karen