11.21.2011

thanksgiving prep: tags.

Is it Wednesday yet? I can hardly wait to start cooking. Last year, around this time, I was newly pregnant. So new, in fact, that it was a secret to all but our parents and brothers' families. I was secret keeping, and I was doing it in that lovely phase of pregnancy when, well, everything makes you sick, including turkey and all the fixings.

In all senses, I missed the holidays, and I could not be more excited to celebrate this year, to bring our family together to give so many thanks, and especially, to do it all with Miss Mari.
We're so blessed because we get to enjoy our big family meal with our big family; both sets of Mari's grandparents and uncles' families will be there, under one roof, and I'm giddy just thinking about it. My mom's hosting, and I'm helping with the tables (oh, and a dessert, which is simple and perfectly holiday-ish, and I'll be sharing next week).

We've got some plans for the table settings, and I'll have photos of the final product, but for now, here's a sneak peak of what's in store.

DIY tag extravaganza starts here.

Happy, happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

PS: see this post for some serious Thanksgiving inspiration (and feast your eyes on the video). Thank you, as always, Camille Styles!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Alison,

What a great idea, the little maple leaf cut-outs. Have a lovely Thanksgiving and I'll look forward to reading about your big day.
Karen