10.06.2011

yummy sunflower hand-ties.

Last week was a big week. We enjoyed our first family vacation, right on the heels of Erin's baby shower. We had a lot of fun going on in our world.
My mom and I had such a good time party prepping; she took the lead on the food, and I on the floral decor. We used bright, Provencal linens throughout the house and paired them with mason jar-filled sunflowers. And, with the invitations as inspiration, we had a little farm animal theme going to compliment with colorful details.
I used big sunflowers and my favorite filler, alstroemeria, with loads of greenery from my mom's garden - varigated pittosphorum, ligustrum, silver sheen and lemon leaves.

I opted for hand-ties; they look simple and home-grown in mason jars and I think they're the easiest and prettiest way to arrange, but I didn't know any of this until I spent an hour with our wedding florist, the fabulous Jenny of Magical Blooms. Learn how to hand tie and you'll never go back.
We finished off the party with my mom's signature sugar cookies, in animal shapes, of course.

Congratulations, Erin and Mike. We're anxious to meet your little person next month!

PS: super cute, plush Fun on the Farm Animal Stacker available here.

No comments: