8.09.2011

sources: mari's nursette.

Mari's special space was so fun to create, and it was a slow, thoughtful process. Thanks to Pinterest and a few of my favorite blogs, I gathered inspiration from all sorts of beautiful images and great ideas all over the world wide web.

In fact, after seeing this picture perfect nursery, I took the plunge and messaged the fabulous Jayna at Rocky Top Design and put in an order for the orange trellis crib bumper. She also created a custom pillow for my grandma's recovered club chair, and curtain tie backs that I'm saving when we move up and onto a bigger space someday (BTW: Etsy genius' like Jayna = good people to know. You must visit her shop).

With orange as the anchor, I found bits and pieces here and there, and right up until my 40th week, I was working on bringing it all together. Boxes of cabinets, baskets and crib furniture waited patiently in our garage until just a few days before Mari was born.

Building her space was a team effort that required lots of hands, especially towards the end, as I spent hours with my feet up, watching Eddie and my parents put the finishing touches on Miss Mari's room.



Here's where I found most everything. If I missed anything, or if you have specific questions on any items, please drop me a line!

+ Crib: DaVinci Jenny Lind.
+ Orange trellis crib bumper and matching pillow: Rocky Top Design.
+ Crib skirt: Tadpoles triple layer white tulle skirt.
+ Knitted crib blanket: handmade gift.
+ Under-the-crib storage tubs: Target.
+ Club Chair: custom slipcover.
+ Changing table and baskets: IKEA.
+ Changing table accessories - white lacquer bath tray, tissue box and gray-and-white striped tumbler.
+ Rug: Bello Shag Rug.
+ Wall knob/hangers: Anthropologie (recognize them?)
+ Capiz shell wind chime: Amazon.
+ Lamp: Target shade added to an old base.
+ Picture frames: Aaron Bros. (watch for the next Penny Sale!)
+ Wall paint: Olympic's Breakwater

For the complete reveal of Mari's nursette, follow this link.

No comments: