5.18.2011

to do lists.

Earlier this week, my 3-year old niece asked me more than once, "when's the baby here?" To which I answered, "eight weeks!"

That seems like no time at all, doesn't it? Since I'm a natural born list-maker, and there's one currently scrolling through my head, here's what we have cooking at our house, in the way of projects before baby. I'm not anxious to get everything perfectly done by a particular date, but it would be nice to cross the biggies off this list in the next few weeks. And, if I had a couple of pads of paper like these, wouldn't that be a bonus?
{pretty paper products from See Jane Work}
 + Assemble: crib; Eddie's new desk chair (that has been in a box since... January); part of Eddie's new desk
+ Construct: desk top for said desk*
+ Finish painting: an old, small two-door cabinet that will be used as an office organizer / printer stand
+ Sew: extension to West Elm shower curtains to make 'real' curtains*
+ Install: curtain rod; blinds for two large windows (to match the rest of the house)
+ Finalize (and install): hardware for office cabinet and room hooks

Here's what's in progress:
+ Recovering: grandma's club chair (with the help of the fabulous Emily)
+ Awaiting: arrival of crib bedding (eta: first week in June)

*Requires backup. In the form of parents. Lots of help needed to get everything just right.

No comments: