5.26.2011

celebrating le bebe.

I said this once to my best gal pals, and I'll say it again: it is so humbling to receive an abundance of goodness and gifts for a little person who isn't even here yet. I'm so grateful for family and friends and their support through pregnancy, and especially, when we get together and officially celebrate, like we did on Sunday.

Here are some pics from the French-inspired baby shower that still has me smiling, days later.
The sweetest touch was that the girls asked the guests to bring a children's book, which decorated the buffet table. We now have a beautiful collection of books, personally selected for the little babe by our dear friends and family. How special is that?

Here are some other quick details:

+ Invitations by Hello Little One for Tiny Prints.
+ Food: assorted breads, muffins and quiche from Jongewarrd's Bake N Broil (Long Beach); mixed green salad and fruit salad.
+ Dessert: cupcakes from Becker's, of course.
+ Favors: homemade Eiffel Tower and Fleur de lis-shaped sugar cookies.
+ DIY: garland, puffs, Eiffel Tower floral arrangements, name cards, diaper cakes and onesies (one for every single month of her first year!).
+ Friends: the best.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Alison,
You and your friends never fail to wow me with the beautiful and creative ideas they come up with for celebrating life! Thank you for sharing, I will keep this post in the file in case I get to host a shower sometime soon.
xo,
Karen