5.09.2011

before and after: retro step stool + chair.

Do you remember the trip Whitney and I took to the Rose Bowl Flea Market 100 years ago? It was such a fun experience, and if I wasn't almost 8 months pregnant (!), I would make a run for it next month (view schedule).
I didn't bring home anything in need of too much work. Remember the lamp? It was an easy project, thanks to Whitney's counsel, and it makes me happy every time I see it in its corner. Whitney, on the other hand, was a bit more adventurous and she has been busy re-making this retro chair and step stool.
How amazing is it? When we stumbled upon it, I explained to her that I had been on the hunt for one for years; my grandmother - the best pie maker I know - always had one in her kitchen, and as far back as I can remember, it wasn't just a catch-all for her aprons. It was my favorite seat in the house. Back in October, when I saw this rusty metal stool, Whitney knew I had to have it. And so she fixed it for me.
She has some photos of the process, and I'll have that, plus what she used to make it shiny and new, to share with you soon.
It fits perfectly in our kitchen, and it might just be my favorite thing in our entire home.

Speaking of favorite things and my grandmother, I took a dive into her sewing basket last week. I'll have some pics to share with you this week!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Whitney is amazing...I love the way your stool turned out. I hope to see your cozy home someday.

You'll have a sweet daughter sitting on that stool for many years.

xo,
Karen

Anmol Garg said...

Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.