4.08.2011

some pretty, good reads.

Have you read Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life? It is such a wonderful cookbook / memoir, and I was reminded of it a couple of weeks ago by The Chic Line (thank you!). I read it last year, on loan from my sweet friend, Lisa, and I loved it so much, I bought myself a copy. It sits, well-read, and covered in post-it notes, on my nightstand to this day.

So, this week, when I read that Molly's second book is on the way, I was tickled. I was so happy. If you've never visited her blog, go... get lost and enjoy her stories and her food and mark your calendars for Spring 2013 when [fingers-crossed], Delancey will be on bookstands. YAY!

Elsewhere in blog land, I came across a few other posts, worthy of sharing:

+ In its own category: the wedding of Ryan and Kathryn, of Snippet & Ink. You don't want to miss anything, so follow these links for: Kathryn's favorite photos; the video (of all videos); her wedding story; about the San Francisco venue; the flowers; prep details; the invitations; extra details; their wedding portraits. Now, for my favorite posts - about their ceremony: part I; part II; and part III.

+ Malted Milk Butterscotch Blondies from Pithy and Cleaver. I'm so in. I'm such a sucker for Whoppers.

+ Save-the-Dates that I'd save in the forever folder, from Oh So Beautiful Paper.

I wish you a wonderful weekend. I hope I to get some cooking in so we can talk food next week.

As for this week's end: more ranunculus. Because, why not? And, because, on an average Tuesday, when you come home to a bunch like this and a homemade dinner, your whole week gets turned around (oh, and alstroemeria is my absolute favorite filler that is so much more than filler).
Cheers!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Alison,
Thank you for this weekly feature...I have discovered and subscribed to marta writes and several other sites thanks to your introductions. :-)
Karen