4.15.2011

happy weekend!

Earlier this week, we had our first baby prep-type class. Admittedly, while excited to talk baby with others, the thought of doing it for 2.5 hours in a cold, hospital conference room during the bump's preferred dinner hour was not exactly how I'd choose to spend my Wednesday night.

But, it was actually great. I felt better after it. I think a lot of it has to do with the delivery (pun intended) of our entertaining instructor, who will keep us coming back for more. It kind of reminded me of the church/prep classes we took before we tied the knot; you meet couples who are going through the same ups and downs in a condensed period of time, you can relate and a little bonus: you make some new friends in the neighborhood.

It feels good to talk to people who are going through similar life changes, doesn't it? It makes me feel supported, and in the best case, I feel like I get some answers to those questions that scramble through my head, even if it's just a smile and a head nod, "yes, I affirm that I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm going through the same thing."

That affirmation feels good when so much seems in flux. Constants also feel good too. One constant that I've been looking forward to since the calendar flipped to 2011 is April 18; our anniversary, which, in the last two years, has become my favorite day of the year. So, I'm especially excited for this weekend, and for Monday, and reliving some of that beautiful, happy time.
{photo by Amy & Stuart}
Before I go, here are a few links that made me smile this week:

+ A perfectly spring-y bridal shower shoot from 100 Layer Cake.
+ Love this DIY fiesta-inspired cake stand from Camille Styles.
+ Pancakes? With quinoa and honey? Yes, please. Thank you, Five O'Clock Food.
+ A Lovey Morning reading my mind. I'm so thankful for bloggers like Kristina.
+ A beautiful farm wedding from Snippet & Ink.
+ Note to self: The Haystack Needle's latest baby purchases. My eyes are on the diaper bag.

I'll see you back here, bright and early on Monday with a special anniversary tribute post. Should be a lovely, celebratory weekend; hope yours is as well!

1 comment:

mary said...

happy anniversary!!!! :)