2.22.2011

quick dip.

I recognize it's not nearly strawberry season, but our local Vons has had some good batches of the berry lately. And, as far back as I can remember, this was one of my favorite party treats when I was a little girl. It's so easy, and works as an app and a dessert and is easy to bring, say, to an engagement party of some good friends over the weekend.
Strawberries and Sweet Cream Cheese
From somewhere in Irvine, Calif.

4 pints of fresh strawberries, washed and dried with stems on
8 oz. of cream cheese at room temperature
7 oz. jarred marshmallow cream*

In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or by hand), mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the marshmallow cream and mix to blend completely. Refrigerate for at least 30 min. prior to serving with a giant platter of fresh strawberries.

*If you've never used it, you might imagine that marshmallow cream is sticky and gooey (and good) - and you're right. Scooping it out of the jar is made easier by spraying a spatula or spoon with non-stick baking spray. Repeat as needed.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Hi! So this totally inspired me and I made this delicious dip two days ago. It was yummy

paper{whites} said...

OH, good! I'm so glad. Yummy and quick. Can't beat that.