1.18.2011

project complete.

With the long weekend, we finally finished our neglected corner, for the most part. With my handyman-dad's help, the frames are up, and with some furniture re-arranging, I think we're onto something.
Is there anything more satisfying that enjoying newly-hung artwork? Finding a new space for old things isn't far behind in my book.
I'm still fine-tuning and re-arranging, and I'll eventually have more living space photos to share. In a rental, with the babe on the way, we're trying to add just a few functional and multi-purpose items (read: seating, storage) while making the most of what we love, like this pine bench that I've had since I was a little girl. Circa 1989.

You might recall I started the neglected corner project way back in September, with a little inspiration from Paper and Ink. It's hard to see detail with the glare and subtle pinhole art, but here's a closeup:
More details on the project, including before photos: here.

PS: Does that lamp look familiar? I finally got it re-painted with an oil-rubbed bronze spray paint, after some scrubbing with steel wool, compliments of Whitney. My superstar husband took the old threaded fitter from the original flea-market find and attached it to a new $7.99 shade from Target.

Our new corner feels so much cozier and not so neglected, and I love it.

4 comments:

mary said...

i love all your cake stands!!! :)

Karen said...

Alison,
Love the corner...it's amazing what a few minor changes can do and BIG impact they can have. Charming!
Karen

Jenn said...

Looks great! And, I love your artwork ... what a super clever idea.

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

I love that pin whole idea! couldnt see it well until the close up, but want to do something like it pronto!