1.02.2011

perfect start to 2011: waffles.

Happy 2011! I love a fresh start, and the good hope that comes along with it.

We started off the new year just right, with a new waffle recipe, bacon and eggs. I just couldn't stand the thought of a new year without new waffles. So, I tried Orangette's best-of-morning-of recipes (it's the second of two of her favorites, the first one being Marion Cunningham's, which you may remember, is now my favorite, too).
They were delicious, and if you don't have buttermilk on-hand, as I really never ever do, follow an at-home concoction that can be made with white vinegar, lemon juice or cream of tartar. This particular recipe makes enough big, Belgian-style waffles for two, so double as needed.

If you have the luxury of making the batter the night before, do yourself a favor: try these. They are magical.

Just like I hope this year is for everyone. Cheers!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like the perfect way to start, what will be an amazing year, off---yummy breakfast food!

Happy New Year!
Karen

Jenn said...

Hi Alison! I gave you the stylish blogger award over at A Home in the Making! Click over to see it and the instructions to pass it along. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to continued reading! :)