1.05.2011

new year = new news.

I suppose all news is new, but this is really new: I'm pregnant. I should tell you that I've been working on this post since December, and I've been writing and waiting patiently to find the best way to share this with you. Since I'm going on three sleepless hours this morning, now seems like a good time to me.

I vow to keep this blog relatively baby/mommy-free, but when it comes to the home and food, I look forward to sharing new experiences with you. I'm a whole 13 weeks, and for those like me who only speak in months: I'm at the start of month four, which is also the start of the second trimester and I'm so happy to be here.

Since October, I've been blissfully distracted. I haven't been extremely motivated or inspired. I did not sweat (in the gym). I did. not. cook. The holidays were a blur, and I felt a bit late to the party. I let our paperwhites fizzle. I didn't address my love for sugar cookies. All I wanted was to get in the real spirit and feel like myself, like I had for the last 32 years of my life, and I just couldn't get there.

But I was okay with that. Because here's the truth: once you are pregnant, you are not yourself. You're a whole, new person.

And isn't that amazing? I think it is.
It took a few months to wrap my head around that concept, and I'm still getting used to it. But now, I feel like I'm back on my own two feet, and it feels so good. I am officially ready to catch up on stacks of magazines and DVR'd BC episodes, write more and often and start cooking again. For starters: put my frozen bananas to use and bake some banana bread - because bananas are one fruit I simply cannot live without these days - and get back to blogging as a whole, new inspired person.

Thanks for being here, and sharing this new territory with me. I'm so excited!

PS: ridiculously cute onesie purchased by Eddie, not even 24 hours after we got the good news. Dad of the year. Already.

14 comments:

ashley maureen said...

many congratulations alison! something must be in the water, because i am hearing pregnancy announcements left and right! i'll be thinking of you as you continue on this journey, and can't wait to hear more :)

paper{whites} said...

THANK YOU! you just made my sleepless morning so much better! the water must be the same on the west coast, because i'm in the same boat. pregnant friends and babies abound!

Erin said...

Many, many congrats Alice! I'm so happy for you and Eddie! And something must be in the water for sure - we're expecting baby number two in July! We must have close to the same due date because I am also 13 weeks - due July 8! Being a mom is an amazing journey and one I am sure you will love! XOXO!

Peggy and Fritz said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time! Lot's of cute little boutiques in the South Bay - everything is on sale :) How fun...speaking of frozen banana's I need to use mine too!

Jenn said...

YAH! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you two. And, super cute that Dad already bought a onesie ;).

Paige Greenspan said...

AHHHHH!!!! Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. I have always known that you would make an amazing mother! If you ever need any tips and pointers on little boys let me know:)

christine said...

UHM...HELLO MAMACITA!!! You old dog, you. Congratulations Al! Eddie just gave me the great news. It was at the end of a work-ish email...I responded that this news wasn't a "by the way" kinda thang.
I'll celebrate with some Foxen for you in February. (after sober January)
I heart you both.
Fleming!

mary said...

SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! :) and you better blog about this little one -- with adorable onesies like this, you're off to a good start! hope you continue to rest & enjoy every moment! xo

Jen said...

AWWWW... this is fabulous news!! Can't wait to read all the baby posts!

Happy Wednesday Dear! xo

Mary said...

Congratulations Alison! Such wonderful news! So excited for you and Eddie! xo

Natalie said...

Beautiful, beautiful New Year's news! Congratulations, Alison!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! :)

Karen said...

Alison,
I couldn't be happier for you and your family. As an experienced "grandma" of 5 1/2 weeks, I'm here to tell you it is soooo much fun! Congratulations to you and Eddie!
Karen

...all of us said...

Congrats! My #3 just turned one and I feel like I just found out I was pregnant with #1. Now that you're out of the thick of it, enjoy every minute with Eddie and yourself because even though life gets BETTER, it will never be the same. Are you going to find out? I know you don't know me but I know Eddie, so then I feel like I can leave a comment. As soon as you find out, check out my husbands company for some nursery decor. Each of my kids has a growth chart and stuff to match...it's adorable. www.pincushiononline.com

Skylar