1.19.2011

let's talk wedding.

Over the weekend, I ran into a bride/friend, and in 5 minutes or less, we covered venue, photog., florist, rentals and invitations. I got a little excited, and it reminded me how much I love thee wedding topic.
I haven't focused on too many details from our wedding, so I thought I'd profile our flowers, since I'm craving ranunculus after a perfectly sunny Manhattan Beach weekend that felt a lot like Spring. April 18, 2009, to be exact.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Jenny of Magical Blooms did a magical job pulling a vision of white together. She bundled ranunculus, white lisianthus, freesia, sweet peas, gardenia and spray roses for delicate bouquets, that bordered on the smaller side.
All bouquets were wrapped in champagne satin ribbon that matched the BM's dress sashes; mine carried my grandmother's rosary. Boutonnieres: one simple white ranunculus + freesia stem, wrapped in matching ribbon.

Mason jar-filled arrangements scattered across long guest tables gave our reception Spring-time pops of color.
Our florist helped supplement our venue's stash of votive candles. Most florists do more than the floral arrangements, so ask what kind of magic they can work. (They did not, however, sew yards and yards of  green-and-white striped table runners. That's the magic of my mother + sale fabric from Joann's.)
And, a few last floral details:
I still owe p{w} a profile on wedding paper products (invitations detailed here), and I should do a quick wrap-up on our dessert buffet. It was yummy.

More to come!

All photos by Amy & Stuart.

7 comments:

mary said...

oh. my. goodness. :)

ashley maureen said...

beautiful! the tables are my favorite. can't wait to see more!

Peggy and Fritz said...

Stunning. Love the mason jars. What a beautiful table, flowers and wedding party and couple of course.

michelle said...

and the place card you picked! what a name!!!

love you. how's your little belly?
xoxox,
m

Jenn said...

Wow, everything was so beautiful ... you guys, the flowers, the setting! I saw ranunculus at the store the other day. They're such such a perfect little flower!

Emily @ GEORGE Interior Design said...

Incredibly beautiful wedding! Love the flowers and the tables.. and all the special little details!! Also, I heard the most WONDERFUL news the other day!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm soo happy for you guys and can't wait!

Karen said...

Alison,
I was thrilled to see some of these photos. Even though we were in attendance there were so many lovely details that I didn't have time to study. Your flowers were one of my favorite things!
Karen