12.20.2010

wrapping by rainfall.

What a wet weekend we had in our neck of the woods. The rain dancing on the house made for a perfect gift-wrapping marathon on Saturday morning.
There's nothing like wrapping to the sounds of my favorite Christmas music to really get in the spirit of the season. This year, I stuck to cherry red Divine Twine, kraft postal wrapping paper and chocolate brown DIY gift tags, which made wrapping inexpensive and simple.

In the favorite department, these boxes take the cake. Wrapping paper need not apply. From Anthropologie, of course.
Our shopping is done, wrapping almost complete and on Saturday night, we rang in my mom's 60th birthday. It was so fun to celebrate with our family and friends, and my go-to photographer, Robert Mora, took some amazing snaps that I'll be sharing with you soon. In the meantime, I'll fill you in on party favor details tomorrow.
Happy Christmas week!

3 comments:

mary said...

your wrapping is simple & gorgeous, love, love love!

Jenn said...

your wrapping is beautiful! I love the gift tags you created ... they compliment the packages perfectly. And, will you be providing more detail about that amazing letterpessed party invite ... ? :)

Karen said...

Alison,
Love the gift wrapping ideas. We had such a fun time Saturday night! Thank you for the wonderful evening and the very sweet party gifts!
Karen