12.22.2010

'tis the season of giving (and receiving).

{via}
I have an amazing friend who is the definition of a giver. She puts her family and friends before herself, and is simply beautiful, inside and out.

I was reminded of her generosity when, out of the blue, mixed in with Christmas-y catalogues shouting "buy me!," Sunset magazine showed up in our mailbox this week.

What a tiny, unexpected pleasure that will keep me smiling well into January.

This is my first official subscription to the substantial and wonderful magazine of 'how to live in the West,' and I look forward to sharing it with you. If you're curious about how truly perfect it is, Lovely Morning profiled it a few months back in detail. And, if you're considering things like... a last minute trip to Mammoth this winter, or what produce to buy or what flowers to plant in January, you might just want to pick up an issue for yourself.

Martha: thank you for reminding me what this season is all about.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a great gift! I love Sunset Mag ... I get it free through work and look forward to it in my inbox every month. There's so much goodness in those pages.

Karen said...

Alison,
It's the little things...how sweet and thoughtful of your friend.
We have a subscription and there are some amazing recipes in each issue...so many recipes so little time!
karen