12.21.2010

party details: the favors.

As you might recall, we had a little French theme going for my mom's 60th. As if there was any other option, Fleur de Sel caramels made for a yummy parting gift for our guests, made very simple with the help of my mom's best friend and Crate expert, Jane.
Last weekend, I got started on the bags. I ordered cotton muslin drawstring bags* and stamped them with PS' Flourish in black ink, which first made its appearance on the invitations.
With two tins of C&B's sea salt caramels and a roll of parchment paper, I individually wrapped two for every bag, a la The BC's recipe.
The fun little sacks made for a tasty favor that was easy and got my creative juices flowing. Most of my energy was spent measuring 4"x4" wrappers while I played mind games with the open tins of caramels. How inviting they are.

*I highly recommend the muslin bags for stamping projects, but if you have the luxury of time, order a sample or two so you can see and feel the texture and size of your desired bags. They're all unique, but on the whole, I'd say they were about 1/4" smaller than listed, in both length and width, and next time, I might try the imported bags.

7 comments:

ashley maureen said...

these look great- alison! i think i'll tuck the sea salt caramel idea away for little christmas gifts next year!

michelle said...

my favorite candy in the world. caramel and salt, nothing is better!

Jenn said...

Those look so great -- what a fun party favor! I'm sure all the guests loved them :)

karen said...

Alison,
I didn't realize you made the candy as well as the bag! I'm truly impressed and happy you did! Yummy.
Karen

paper{whites} said...

Oh no! Let's be clear: I did not make the caramels - I just wrapped them like the Barefoot Contessa! I used the tins of candies from C&B. Sorry if I was confusing :)

Jillian said...

what a great treat! love your blog :) xoxo jcd http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Thank you so much for posting about these bags! I'm planning on making Spicy Bourbon Pecans as favors for our Derby Party in May and I really want to use the bags with the red stitching{imported ones}. i ordered samples like you suggested, hopefully they'll be good!

Thanks again~