12.15.2010

christmas tags.

Wrapping is in full-swing at our house. First thing I did: get my tags in order, a la the guide I posted in October.

One thing I did fail to mention: the key to tag-making is allowing for plenty of dry time. Let them sit overnight if you can. No sense in making beautiful tags that smudge. Another tip: a giant pastry board makes for a sturdy work surface and transporter if you like to punch and stamp by the lights of your Christmas tree like I do (thanks, Krisa!).

I invested in two stamps this season and I'm loving them. Both from Paper Source.
Sidebar: really into snowflakes this year. It's a first for me.

Coming tomorrow: an inexpensive and festive hostess gift, inspired by The Crate.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the cut of your gift tags, what a pretty detail. Excited to see your hostess gift idea!

{av} said...

Paper Source has the BEST stamps. I bought some earlier this year and used them for our wedding...these are great choices :) love the tags, especially the colors! xoxo {av}

Karen said...

Alison,
Snowflakes are my favorite. Have you seen the German glass glitter snowflakes? Your tags look great.

I'm inspired to get going on the whole wrapping task.
Karen