11.30.2010

thankful.

Ok. Last turkey topic, for the last day of November - promise.

A quick Thanksgiving scene from Jeff and Whitney's lovely home that was made ever warmer with smells of apple pie, turkey and all the fixings, a wood-burning fire, a 25-year old leather bomber jacket, the cutest cavalier king charles you ever did see and the joy of family.

Everything homemade, hand-crafted, and with lots of firsts, especially for my brother who carved the 22-pound bird. Beautifully, I might add.

Aren't they so cute? BTW: vintage table cloth and antique silver were all gifts from Whitney's mom. Dining chairs and bench refinished and painted by Whitney.

Back tomorrow, officially ringing in Christmas.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Love all the natural colors, what a pretty table!

{av} said...

Incredible table--I love the simplicity...with the pops of color from the pumpkins and berries :) xo

Karen said...

I love the table and what little I can see of the house. Please plan a photo/blog about their charming home somewhere in the future---I love seeing wonderful rooms in quaint cottage homes.
Karen

Peggy and Fritz said...

Just found your blog via Karen at GH&P can't wait to read it. Of course, I was so excited to see another MB blogger. I just do it for friends - I'm the worst writter but I love entertaining, decorating and anything to do with design. Can't wait to read your posts and your table is spectacular. Where are you in MB? We are on 8th in a little beach cottage that we rent.

Peggy and Fritz said...

that would be writer. LOL!