11.04.2010

hostess gift ideas: part one.

I might be jumping the gun here, and if I wasn't so excited for Thanksgiving, I might think I'm a little crazy, but... 'Tis the season for holiday parties... almost. (Not that I'm not savoring every November day. Because I am.)

I'm betting that like you, holiday catalogues are piling up, and I'm loving every second of pouring through pretty pages of pretty things. So, here's a roundup of some small hostess gift ideas that have caught my eye. If I could be so organized as to buy now, and tuck away for that last minute party as I'm running out the door this month and next (and, if you're like me, that's usually last minute, too), that would be really wonderful, and truly, a first.

Until then, let's do some window shopping, shall we?

From Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma:
From left-to-right: chantal embroidered guest towels; antique silver spreaders; winter forest handcare set; peppermint bark.

Note: I have personally sampled WS' peppermint bark (year-after-year, in fact) and highly recommend it, not only for gifting, but to have on-hand for impromptu gatherings throughout the holidays. Or... to accompany your average week-night TV viewing. In all cases, it's melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

From Paper Source:
From left-to-right: letterpress 2011 desk calendar; naughty or nice coasters; wool winter owl ornament; letterpressed thank you notes.

I'll have more next week from Anthropologie and Crate & Barrel. Yum.

2 comments:

Laken said...

I love all these.. I was just toying with the idea of doing a gift guide on my blog, too.

Jenn said...

That is a great list of hostess gifts! I love WS peppermint bark -- it's a must have during the holidays :). And, those naughty/nice coasters are adorable!