10.11.2010

weekend wrap.

What a beautiful weekend we had! I have a few bits to share this Monday morning.

I did a little Autumn-izing to the house, and it feels good. More to come this week.
In the food department: We made a quick drive to Venice on Friday, and on recommendation from our hip, fun friend Chrissy, ate at The Tasting Kitchen. We loved everything about it, from the pond of wine corks to the mismatched antique china plates, and will be returning soon for their homemade pasta that rendered me speechless. On our quick window shopping stroll along Abbot Kinney, I fell in love with this shop. Holy cake plates.

Neglected corner update: The frames are purchased (with 50% off coupons, I might add!), and their thin, black detail works well against our naked Sandcastle wall. I've started punching, and here's a peak.
Improvising without Breanna's suggested pony bead and thumbtack, I used one of my grandma's sewing needles with a small eraser. Her rubber thimble also came in very handy - thank goodness I inherited her magical sewing basket. I wish I knew its age.
One down, five to go. It's a time-suck, but very therapeutic.

I have so much more to share from the weekend - specifically yesterday's trip to the world-famous Rose Bowl Flea Market. Amazing sis-in-law no. 1 and I made the trek to Pasadena and had quite the adventure. It was a blast, and Whitney and I found the perfect addition to the neglected corner, plus a few other gems.

I'll have flea market finds + details tomorrow!

PS: Another weekend discovery - the Design*Sponge project was the first-ever DIY Wednesday post from Breanna Berger, of a new-to-me blog: Paper & Ink. I'm in love.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a great project. I can hardly wait to see the finished results. I visited the Abbott Kinney shop via your link---I believe your mom and I need to make a field trip! Wow!