10.29.2010

happy halloween weekend!

I'm so ready for the weekend, which for us, is jam-packed with family and friends, near and far and I couldn't be more excited - there is so much to look forward to; dinner tonight with our families, Saturday's Dia de los Muertos party, trick-or-treating with our nephews and niece - M, M + M - plus a weekend visit with two of our favorite people on earth, in town from Kansas City (Mo., not Ks., if you're wondering).
{PS: if you missed it, see yesterday's posts on DIY gift tags, like the ones above}
I have big plans to bake our three pumpkins some Halloween treats, and I'll be back next week with the details. In the meantime, here are some inspiring signs of the season:

+ This week's new blog discovery: the Lucky Knot's dreamy, Fall front porch.
+ The Chic Line's festive mantle and entryway.
+ Big Girls' grown-up Halloween party bites.
+ A Party Perfect Halloween bash.
+ The most creative carved pumpkins DIY (kind of reminds me of that pinhole project that I've been neglecting), from Design*Sponge.

In the not-so-Halloween-y category, I was captivated by another Design*Sponge post this week; its special on typography and lettering designers. I'd like to come back in another life as Jessica Hische.

On the same note, check out Oh So Beautiful Paper's profile on Page Stationery. The first image featured - Caitlin - beautifies a meaningful message with nothing more than a simple combination of black, white and various type.

Happy weekend! Hope its spook-tacular. Or whatever the kids are saying these days.

No comments: