9.13.2010

extending sumer: the beach house hotel visit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have a treat for you coastal living lovers.

My friend, Jessica, is the special events planner at my favorite boutique beach hotel - just one town south of Manhattan Beach - The Beach House in Hermosa.  Jessica helped us make arrangements for our wedding, and this seaside retreat was the family headquarters for our big day and morning-after-brunch. On the average week, we stroll The Strand at least once, and smile every time we pass this Hermosa landmark, remembering special moments shared with our family, and each other, almost a year and a half ago.

We love this place.

Jessica invited me back for another look at our favorite South Bay stay, and I'm so excited to share my photo tour with you.
The Beach House is a 96-loft suite-style hotel that feels more like an East Coast beach house than a hotel. Each suite comes with its own deck, and the majority of rooms have an ocean view. And when I say ocean view, I mean an on-The-Strand ocean view.
The view is amazing. It's the best in town. But, what I love most about the hotel are what make it feel like a home: Plantation shutters. Crisp, white linens. Natural accessories. Muted palette. Stripes. Adirondack chairs. Beadboard wainscoting. Capiz shell chandelier. Down everything.
Isn't it so inviting? 

I know we're all excited for Fall, but you can squeeze out a few more nights of summer with an overnight at The Beach House. It's simple, relaxed vibe and friendly staff (the kind that keeps sleepless brides company at 4 a.m.) make this upscale beach hotel feel like a cozy, welcoming home (I regret that I failed to snap photos of the in-room fireplaces and giant bath tubs (with rubber duckies!). 

The Beach House is especially perfect this time of late summer, when crowds are lighter and the sun is kinder.

May I recommend a few good eats that neighbor the hotel:
+ Good Stuff On the Strand - they will deliver to your room!
+ Mediterraneo - go on Tuesdays for Two for One Tapas.
+ Buona Vita - no corkage fee / BYOWine (order the Chicken Nastari).
+ The Underground - friendly mates, good pub food.

Jessica: Thanks for the tour! Can't wait to come back again soon.

PS: I cannot resist one more photo from that tip-top balcony three floors up. Here's a quick ode to April 18, 2009, that ruffle-y trim, the shutters, the sunlight and Amy and Stuart.
{photo by Amy & Stuart}

1 comment:

Karen said...

Count me in---this looks like a place that would make you feel like you were miles from your home, no matter where you live! Thanks for sharing.