7.28.2010

pretty maids all in a row.

I have seven sisters. Two by marriage, five by college. All seven were in our wedding, and that’s not a small group when it comes to finding bridesmaid dresses.



While we’re all different shapes and sizes, I wanted my pretty sisters to feel comfortable and beautiful (while matching my list of… long, brown, breezy, romantic… and affordable). I was also looking for a few different dress options that matched in fabric and color and could incorporate a bow or sash to personalize each dress. Without being too specific, I was looking for something very specific.

Enter: J. Crew Weddings and Parties

Register your wedding and J.Crew helps you (and your maids) shop by color palette, fabric and fit.  
Buying + shipping + sizing + returning + exchanging = so much easier when you have your own personal J.Crew bridal shopper.

One of my seven sisters is getting married in November (!) and has her dress checked off the list, and is now on the BM dress hunt in the brown family, for two. Some looks I like:


{Images from J.Crew.com}
Clockwise from top left (note to self: select colors/styles on sale): Silk Taffeta Blakely Dress in chocolate; Silk Taffeta Selma Dress in vintage wisteria; Silk Taffeta Bow Monde Dress in chocolate; and Silk Taffeta Lorelei Dress in fatigue.

I would be tempted to buy any dress with a color labeled 'vintage wisteria.'

PS: Extra 30% off at J.Crew (final sale) through tomorrow.  Code: EXTRA30.

2 comments:

Karen said...

J. Crew has taken the dread out of bridesmaid dresses. Your "sisters" all looked amazing!

Anne W. said...

I agree with Karen! Thanks for this article, Alison - LOVE the idea of each girl getting to choose a dress that they're comfortable in (and will wear again!). Go J. Crew!